Monday, August 4, 2008

One Month On

Phew. It has been 1 month since I started my journey on 4th of July. I survived it. YAY! I know there's a slight jump here from my previous post because as usual I was missing in action again. Please bear with me as I feel today is a day worth mentioning that's why I have written this post.

Even though I might not have updated my blog as frequent as I hoped, I do update the things on the right hand side -> If you look closely I am in fact updating "MY ROUTE" ,"PLACES I'VE BEEN" and "PLACES I'LL VISIT" each time I get internet access. Photos on my Flickr is also more updated.

Right now my current location is Sungai Petani in Kedah. I just reached here this evening and am now staying with my dad's best friend who works here. I will be leaving Peninsular Malaysia for Thailand (YES FINALLY) in a few days time.

1 month on and What the hell am I still doing in Malaysia? This is the question that many of you have asked me. Well I must say Malaysia is truely a fascinating country and I feel to fully appreciate wht Malaysia has to offer, it would take more than 1 month. However as time and $$ is of great importance to me, I shall be leaving this beloved country of mine and venture into the land of a thousand smiles, Thailand.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those whom has left comments here, sent me SMS, MSN, Friendster, Facebook, email and even phone calls to wish me luck on this journey. I am really touched by each and every message that I received.

Since my first blog entry, I have received over 800 hits and this is really encouraging as well. However looking at this also makes me feel guilty as well because it means many people are checking in to see the same post day after day. I assure you that I will update my blog more often once I start my Thailand journey.

In the meantime keep a lookout for my subsequent stories after my Taman Negara trip in the next few days. Take care and see ya.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lit.. Your blog hits rates soOooo high.. Much more than me... Guess that your stories are so much more interestting than me. Haha.. Anyway, I created my blog is for me to remember my daily life, every now and then, so that one day when I am getting old.. I know I have some memories here..

Remember to take care when you are in Thailand.. wish can join you there too!!!

From ur beloved, Tajie...

Anonymous said...

make sure u take good care of yourself and when ur in Thailand make sure you skype - phone very expensive; be careful of siam-loh kong. still waiting for u to change your mind abt going into Myanmar. once in a while do put yourself in your mother's shoes and think how you would feel if u have a son like u. "thee sin tiau tan". how long more is your money going to last? not long eh?

Anonymous said...

Hi son, after reading all ur blogs,am beginning to feel proud of u.Fullly support u to proceed morally but not financially, otherwise there will be no peace with ur mom. Do take GOOD CARE of urself all the time !

limws said...

u c..ur mum "thee sin tiau tan" lol..faster back lal. haha!!

summer_dawn said...

hey lit....ur mama n papa r really cute!!! haha....i can't help but to re-read ur mum's message again n again...haha...really vr cute....
better contact them as much as u can....
me too, feel proud to have a buddy like u!!
shall see u in few wks time!!
hugs.....Jiejie....

Anonymous said...

wow... ur mom & dad r so funny! Ur mom would probably strangle me d next time she meets me if i encourage u to go to Myanmar. hehe... sori Mdm Lim!

But really, not many hv set foot into Myanmar & it would b great if u could go there. It seems shrouded by mystery with the junta rule.

But i do agree it maybe dangerous, so please be extra careful. gambate!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lit. Last time I have post a comment but I don know why it din show out. Maybe I send wrong procedure.
Mdm Lim, don worry. Next time, his daughter or son may tell him want to go backpack all over world after SPM and we see how he and his wife nag. Haha.
Anyway, pls be careful and enjoy ur backpack.

Anonymous said...

lolz! finally had a read at the infamous 'mom&dad' comment.. really cute and heartwarming at the same time :)

auntie/uncle: dont worry, just met lit and think he's probably in his best state (physically/mentally) than he had ever been coz hes doing something he so passionate about!

really admire and kudos for having such courage..take care and have a blast!

hugs, yeeling

xentria said...

haha. see la. my mum is always worried. haih.. i will take care of myself one la. Don't worry I am not so important tht anyone wanna put siam loh kong on me. HAHA. Myanmar.. see first la. see how much money I hv left by then. thanks dad for your mental support. it's already enough for me. I can support myself financially for now.

jie jie. i can't wait to see you and hong hong in BKK as well. I am in Thai now. Do take note of my Thai mobile number and call me if there are any changes to your plan.

SSD.. to see ur comments here is good enough for me liao.

Yeeling.. thanks for your words of encouragement and for showing me around penang and kedah for the past few days as well.

Anonymous said...

Tan Ah Lit,feel so touching on the message ur mom and dad left...They're super cool! haha
anyway,
me n bb had decided to meet u in Ho Chi Minh, and air asia is having sales now. So can u pls pls contact BB as soon as possible cos she nees to book the tickets? Take care n have fun ya!!!!!

regards,
yuki

Anonymous said...

2 weeks more to go!!!
Lit,i'll reach bkk on 28th morning and shall check in to hotel first, then after that plan to go Grand Palace, bt nt confirm yet..anyway, if u cant find me, can always meet me at IndraRegent..
U hor...leave msia never say also..haha..i called u last sat bt cant call thru anymore...
so if i call ur thai hp ok or nt? u need to pay as well?

Anonymous said...

by the way, im jie jie hor...i forgot the password of my acc...jialat...

xentria said...

no need no need. u can call me anytime u wan.. my phone will be with me all the time. no incoming call charge. counting down to the time u come now.. haha

wah meeting so many ppl along the way.. super cool lor.. ok yuki.. i talked to beebee on msn just now. should not be a problem. see u in hanoi la...