Friday, August 8, 2008

KayElle Pit Stop

18 to 24 July – After traveling for about 2 weeks, I've decided to stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a few days. Initially my plan was to stay 3 days in KL to recharge myself and to meet up with family and friends, however my stayed was prolonged to 1 week as the unexpected visit of my dad and brother took me sightseeing in a lot of places which I am supposed to spend a few days therefore I have more time to spare in KL.

I stayed with my brother in KL which means I get to save more money too. ;) As I have already spent 4 years while studying in university, KL is no stranger to me, that is why I spent most of my time lepaking and meeting up old friends.

On the 22nd of July, I went along with my cousin who's getting married at the end of this year on her wedding photo shoot. The shoot was divided into 2 parts, studio and outdoor. For the outdoor shoot, my cousin chose to do it in Sepang Gold Coast, a man-made sand beach near KLIA, Putrajaya and the Malaysian F1 circuit. This project is another one of those ambitious project undertaken by our dear government to transform and create the small village of Sepang into Palm Islands or Palm Jumeirah of Dubai. The journey took us about 1 hour from KL and it turned out really well. My cousin always loved the beach and being able to take wedding photos there was like a dream come true for her. I am very happy for her as well. For more photos that I have helped took do check out her blog.

My brother and sis in law surprised me with a birthday cake when I got home on that day. As my birthday was on the next day, they decided to celebrate for me a day earlier as they guessed I might be going out with my friends which they were right. It's very thoughtful of them. I celebrated my birthday with a group of my friends from university and as it was a weekday I wasn't expecting many of them turning up but to my surprise I saw many familiar faces. Many many thanks to those who travelled far and wide to come celebrate for me. I would also like to thank those whom has sent me birthday wishes through SMS. Sorry I couldn't reply as my phone is low on credit. HEHE

On the next day, I took an 8 hour night bus to Kuala Terengganu where I will continue with my journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tan family member...
i just want to add on some description for your special birthday (which is also an outcome of you, bullying people during their birthday), haha!

u sang a birthday song for yourself at the Price Cafe @ SS2...no cake, no candle from us, just a birthday song by yourself..

~~happy birthday to me~~

xentria said...

haha. hala hala. i sang a birthday song for myself cos no one wants to sing for me. and i have a french toast and a straw as cake and candle instead. all thanks to my wonderful friend bee bee.

Anonymous said...

Lit... really a big 'Thank You' to you. You know how much I appreciated you to appear on my pre-wedding photo shooting day (which was not in ur travelling plans initially). Hehe, you made the day much more easier for me by helping me taking the 'behind the scenes' photos and some video clips. Thank you for being there... I have been watching the videos over and over again for a few times already... I very enjoy viewing it. Thanks!!

So, again.. remember to take care of yourself and have fun!!!

From ur beloved, Tajie...

xentria said...

don't mention abt it. it's my pleasure as well. i learnt a lot from tht day. so it gives me a headstart for preparing for mine in the future.. hehe..

i hope my hands are not too shaky for the video