Monday, August 18, 2008

I AM FINE !

Hello all. Thanks for all your concern through my blog and email. I am truly blessed to have such good family members and friends and I realized even more of it after I started my journey.

I am now in Koh Tao, about 40 kilometers off the coast of Chumpon and I am doing my advanced scuba diving course here. At first I was not very sure of doing it because I have already lost so much money but after thinking about it, I said to myself "What he heck? I am already in the number 1 scuba diving training island of South East Asia, if I don't do it when will I be able to come back here again." So I proceeded with my 8000 Baht course.

After my first dive today, I realized that I have made an absolutely correct choice for diving here. The corals and fishes here are so amazing and it made me realize how big the world is and how wonderful it is to be living each day to see all these stuff.. It totally made me forget about all my worries. To be able to live one more day and see all these great things is already a gift for me. Imagine how many people are suffering and dying while I am living my dream here in Thailand. What more can I ask for?

Throughout my journey, I have also met many many interesting and great friends along the way. And their concern for me as a total stranger after knowing my plight is beyond words could express. I would have never been able to meet them if not for this trip and if God wanted me to trade all this with a camera, handphone and cash? I have absolutely no problem with that.

Since I made my choice of becoming a backpacker, I have already anticipated something like this to happen therefore I am prepared for it. I just hope that I would never ever make the same mistake again and it truly is a lesson learnt in life. It's all part of the journey...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I m now at Sabah oredi. Really amazing, 2 hrs ago, still in JB and 2 hrs later I m in Sabah liao.

My brother n sister say will take us to snorkelling 2mr. Hope 2mr will have an enjoyable day and hope all my family members can enjoy this sabah trip.

I m now using the computer in the hotel/ motel to surf the internet. Sleepy liao.

xentria said...

haha. good for u lo.. u enjoy urself in sabah la. u r there for your sister's graduation rite?

say congrats to her for me la.

Anonymous said...

Handsome, me now in Hanoi. Partner cannot postpone the appointments, thus I got to miss you for this. Will be going back on 28th Aug and thereafter will have to do Cambodia trip.

Maybe we should meet in Cambodia instead but I wont go Angkor Wat, too far from the capital.

xentria said...

aiseh.. NVM.. i will be meeting my friends from KL in Hanoi beginning of oct... so it's okay...

i am now in Bangkok and was thinking of doing Laos after this cos it will be better for me to meet up with my friends in Hanoi as it's on the north of Vietnam. after vietnam i will visit cambodia. so if according to this plan, i will onli be in cambodia on nov...

however if you are coming to cambodia in Sept, then i will travel to cambodia first. then do Laos in Nov.. in tht way I can meet up with you. So i guess u will be in Phnom Penh? Can u tell me exactly when will u arrive?

Anonymous said...

We are supposed to have a seminar on 25th Sept but just receive a mail saying 29th or even 1st week of Oct.

I will keep you update later.

Meanwhile, at this point of writing, I am in Hanoi airport waiting for plane to get back to SG. Vietnam has free WiFi all over the major cities cafe, so u dont have to worry of not hopping to 1 of them.

Hanoi has changed alot since I last visited 8 yrs ago, but their cables still running above the ground. :P

Unknown said...

heyz.. js having a run through ur blog. its getting more interesting each time i must say, definitely a gr8 read.

totally agree wit u on the underwater world being oh so beautiful, yup i got my license.. but the ting that amazes me was the serenity and the tranquility of the underwater world.. another world with so much to be respected off.. haha i have done a nite dive which ur mom told me not to tell u! *sorry auntie* hehe will share wit u wen i see u next.

meanwhile, do take care. mite plan a next dive trip to sipadan to celebrate xmas till new year with a bunch of fun divers. haha keep u updated if ur up for it. ciaoz!

xentria said...

thanks for the compliment. am really happie for u tht u realise ur dream... haha..

wah. u can do nite dive with ur open water license ar? the divemaster i dived with die die also dun let me do it.. why did my mum ask u not to tell me abt the night dive? cos if she thinks i haven't dive at nite.. i will b sorry to dissapoint her.. i did tht as part of my course in my advance open water course..

wah.. sounds so nice. i will be in sipadan at the end of the year as well. i hv to attend a fren's wedding in miri. do let me know ur schedule.. maybe we can meet there as well.

wah so happie tht i hv another diving kaki now.. can ajak u to dive in the future lor..