Friday, July 4, 2008

My Last Night in Elysium

Well this is it. My last night or should I say morning spent at home before my departure in a few hours time.

My feelings rite now? Happy (a little), Excited (pretty much), Anxious (very).
Even until this very moment, my mum still tried to convince me not go to for this trip or at least shorten my trip to 1 or 2 months so tht I can come back and look for a job and be "normal"
HAHA. I guess this is precisely the reason why I am feeling so uneasy and even guilty rite now. Is working life really the only way for us to fit into a society and to be accepted as normal? Can't a normal person pursue a dream that is extraordinary? I guess this all boils down to a mother's concern for a child and the virtue of Asian culture. Well I do not blame her for tht but I feel sometimes parents should learn to let go at some point in time of their children's life.

Hai. I guess there's no turning back for me now. So much time and effort has been spent on getting ready for this and I need to make sure tht I make the most out of it.

Well after many weeks of preparations, I managed to get all the things I need and have painstakingly stuffed everything into 2 bags which will be my "home" for the next few months.
Here are some photos of the bag and my last minute charging for all my equipment.
These are my most valuable possession rite now. I know the danger of carrying around all these, I swear I will b extra careful with all these. These are all from my hard earned savings.. Oh yah one more thing not in the picture is my camera which I am using obviously. HAHA.
This will be my day pack. It will house my accessories u see above and will be carried around with me everyday.
This will be where I store all my clothing and other not so valuable but still important stuff. I will leave this in the hostel while I go gallivant in the day. Will only carry this when I move to a new place.

Okay it's time for me to sleep already. I need loads of strength to carry all these later. Until my next blog.

Ciao.

10 comments:

Wong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi bro, Finally know that you are departing today. Well. All the best to you and remember to take care.

Some prevention tips for you which I always use when I am in a place where I am not familiar with.

1.Don't stand at a place too long.
2.Keep looking around and see if anyone trying to come near to you.
3.Move to crowded place if you feel someone is following you.
4.If possible, get some pepper spray with you in case you need it.

Okla. Hope it helps.

CheeChein

Anonymous said...

Lithan,
After reading your blog, i'm feeling excited,happy for you because you are doing something so meaningful...*Finally, you're completing your childhood dream right now. Guy, go ahead... *
I will try my best to check and read your blog because i hope i can get the lastest information and i hope i can meet up with you in somewhere ...
I'm in Hobart now and work at night in Thai restaurant and get some of Thai friends here. I believed that Thailand have a wonderful life style, cultures in there.And i realized that Thai songs also quite nice ya..hahaha..
Anyway, do always go for safety first in everything you do ok? Because my Thai friend told me Thailand got a lot of killer and just need to pay in cheap $$..(but of course they all won't simple to kill ppl..)
According my own plan, if i got $$ then i might meet you in Veitnam or Cambodia.Anyway, keep in touch trough your blog and look foward to read ur next blog!!
~~Take good care of urself and Be careful~~


szeyuin
~Good Luck~ and enjoy your trip!!

Anonymous said...

lit han,

i can imagine that it'll be a journey that full of fun and adventures.

always be careful and highly alert with your surounding.take care and wish you all the best!

cheers,
pok

Anonymous said...

enjoy ur trip! take care

Anonymous said...

OMFG! Hey, this crazy guy is my classmate & good friend from primary till secondary school. How I wish I had his guts!

Lit, rmbr d vaccination & immunizations we talked about when traveling overseas.

Blog often so that if u encounter problems, you'll know that friends & family, or even complete strangers, are always there to support & help you out!

Lastly, take care, be careful & have lots of fun & unforgettable memories!

We all love you!

ahyeh said...

take care ya, bro!!

Anonymous said...

Yoh Lao Hia,

Since everybody had left u a msg,i decided to write a msg for u due to my kia su attitude. Wish u have a safe safe journey and have fun~
and...wei,dun forget the taman negara trip la..
C ya!

yuki

Anonymous said...

LitHan,

All the best in your trip! Will keep myself updated with all your adventures! I heard you went Pulau Tioman huh? Keep in touch ya!

Regards,
Lydia

Unknown said...

Hey Lit,

Welldone on your decision to venture the world. Do it while you can!! It will be an awesome experience and a big stepping stone towards the next part of your life journey. If you ever decided to come down to Melbourne, let me know. At least your accommodation will be covered for sure.

Good luck and stay save my beloved cousin.

Ghak