Friday, July 11, 2008

Kuantan the capital of Pahang

Well. This is going to be my last blog for today. I have been online for almost 10 hours now.

I reached Kuantan on the 9th of July and will be leaving tomorrow for Tasik Chini. Kuantan to me is not a bad place to live in. It has what a city has, cineplexes, shopping centres, starbucks to online (hehe) and life's not too hectic here unlike in other Malaysian cities such as KL, Penang and Johor. The shopping centre that I am in right now has all the branded stuff than you normally expect to only see in KL but the good thing is that it's not so crowded.

The place I stayed was quite reasonable, RM28 per night. However one thing I don't like here is the lack of dormitories for backpackers. I am forced to stay alone in a room which is something I don't like especially after my wonderful Tioman trip in which I met so many interesting and fun ppl.

There's nothing much you can do here in Kuantan town (similar to JB) and the only place worth visiting is the national mosque in which I visited twice. Once in morning and once at night. The tourist information centre here is superb though. I managed to get a lot of information about Teluk Chempedak, Tasik Chini and Taman Negara where I will be visiting next.

I don't know if it's because of the hiking I did to Tioman to Juara, I seemed to grow a certain fondness to walking and I have been walking around town even in mid day from one place to another. Walking on flat surface now seemed so easy to me. HAHA.

Anyway it's time for me to sign off, I am hoping to be able to walk to another shopping mall now where I can get to watch another movie before I leave for ulu ulu place again tomorrow.

Ciao

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lit han,
Hey, think you have forgotten me. I'm yap, SSD's friend. Still remember the pontian/ kukup trip last April?
Wow, can't believe you really quit your job, backpacking now! Trully respect your braveness and admire you. It's not easy for us to leave everything and do what we wish to, especially during 'the age of working', agree with it?
Anyway, wish you have a pleasant journey! Enjoy every moment in your journey. I'm sure all these unforgettable memories will be stored in your heart... forever!
Wish to hear from you soon. Keep updating your journey, please! Hope to meet you one day at any time, any place if possible! Haha...
Take care.
Best regards,
yap.

GeeTreeC said...

Hey Lit Han,
You r getting really tanned! Hmm.. so cool..
I suggest u grab a book from the author Frank Schatzing - der Schwarm. As an Adventurer and Naturalist, you might love this book. Take a closer look at the mighty earth. :D

Enjoy ya trip to da Fullest!

Regards,
gwen3c

Anonymous said...

hey Lit,

used to heard u mentioned enthusiastically abt backpacking back to our secondary sch time and now u're on ur way to make it a realisation. trully admire your courage and sincerely hoping u'll be able to get the most out of ur journey! jia you! =)

cheers,
huisin

No.14 said...

my dear Lit Han,

Yishi here.Your trip seemed so amazing ,man!!
wow..i was also in Kuantan at 6th,if u went there early,maybe we can meet!

An idea flash into my mind,u can publish your adventure blogs into a book in someday future.haha..bcz it is really interesting.

take care..!

Anonymous said...

Han Han,

I just wanna let you know tat I have read your blog, and will keep coming back for more.

Keep the spirits up..

Cheers.
Susan Lem

Anonymous said...

Hey Lit,

Saw your MSN messenger caption and saw your blog address.Decided to come in and look look see see..who knows my butt is now sticked to my chair and eyes sticked to your blog. =D

I believed it's going to be an AMAZING and INTERESTING TRIP for ya! Keep it up and we are always here to support you. Blog again when you can to keep us update and take extra care dear ;)

Btw, u r not in Spore and there goes our weekly Wed must have dosage..Ting's invitation not as powerful as urs =p